Monday, May 26, 2014

Day 76 – May 25 – Cleaning Day

Rick and Mary went back to Seattle to take a ferry over to one of the islands in the Puget Sound.  We stayed at the camper and did some cleaning and laundry.  I looked on the Internet for information on the gardens near Victoria in British Columbia and for information on the ferry cost.  Once we found a reasonable ferry charge Dorrie and I started looking for a campground near the ferry dock that we could stage our trip to the gardens.

When Rick and Mary got back we talked about what we had found out with them.  I think we are all set for the next couple of days, if we manage to get into the National Park campground.  Then I looked at the ferry schedule.  It turns out where we wanted to catch the ferry, there was only one trip a day so we could get to the gardens but would have to stay until the next day.  That was out – the cost to take the camper was more than we are willing to pay to see the gardens,  scratch the visit to Butchart Garden.  I think we are a little disappointed that trip didn’t work out.


So now we will head into Canada on Memorial Day.  I think I found a place to stay in Hope, British Columbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment