Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 114 – July 2 (Alaska Day 23) – Day at Campground

Dorrie went over to the laundry to do a load of wash and I started trying to clean the bugs off the front of the camper.  The bugs are thick both here and in Canada.  I did my part to kill as many as I could with the motorhome.  There were several times when I would clean the windshield before starting out for the day and within 30 minutes it looked like I had not cleaned it at all.

The front had not been cleaned really good since we started.  I used dryer sheets to get the bugs off, but some of them refused to go easily.  I was almost done when Rick asked if I had talked to Chuck about washing the whole camper.  I said not yet, so he set off to find Chuck.  Next thing I know, Chuck is hollering, “Hey old man, come here”.  I walked down to where Rick and Chuck were standing and the three of us walked to Chuck’s car.  He had a can of Pledge dusting spray and a rag in his hand.  He said he was going to show us how to clean up the easy way.  He sprayed the Pledge on the car – and it was dirty.  He waited about 30 seconds and wiped it off.  The car was shiny and clean.  He said it works on glass also. 

He gave me the can and said give it a try.  I tried it, but I had the camper wet and the Pledge didn’t work too well for me.  I will get some dusting spray and put it on after I get the front clean.  I think it will make it easier next time.

In answer to the question of washing the camper, he told Rick, “This is your house, treat it that way”.  That is a very unusual for a campground to allow washing, but Chuck is unusual.  He said if we need it, he has a power-washer we could use.  We both hand washed the campers and they look much better.

Sadie is still under the weather.  She is a jumper – if there is an empty (or almost empty) lap, she jumps on the lap.  She likes to jump on the dash and lay in the sunshine.  Right now she will not go down the steps out of the camper.  She will walk and is not shaking like she was, so maybe we are on to something with half of a baby aspirin.  She does better after getting one and when it wears down, she is back to not being able to get around.

Tomorrow will be a much better posting, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment