Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 106 – June 24 (Alaska Day 15)– Halibut Fishing

We arrived at J & J Charters about 6:30 this morning for a day of fishing.  We had purchased our 3-day fishing license yesterday with an effective start day/time at 7 a.m. today.  This will cover our halibut fishing today and the salmon fishing on Thursday.

They use logging tractors to launch the boats, so we loaded up and were put out into the Cook Inlet.



Our captain was Sara and the bait girl/deck hand was Cheyenne.
Captain Sara

Dorrie and Cheyenne with a shark Dorrie caught
I will let the pictures tell the story.  I had a little medical issue today and don’t remember much about what happened.  I am fine now; just disappointed that this was the day it happened.  I had been looking forward to this trip and now I don't remember fishing.

Dorrie's big Halibut
The catch of the eight of us (some fish are hidden) 


Cleaning the fish
One of the three volcanos in the area


No comments:

Post a Comment