Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 34 – April 13 – Morro Bay

This was a “do nothing day” so we got up late on this Palm Sunday morning and watched a little television until mid-morning. 
Our camp site at Bay Pines Campground
Rick came by and said they were going to do some laundry, so we got ours together and walked down to the Laundromat.

That took us up to near noon and after a sandwich we took a drive to the town of Morro Bay.  It was very clear we all needed a break from the road, because as soon as we got back in the Jeep, tension raised its ugly head.  I hope another day or two off will help – we will see.

There is a big rock mound in the bay, so we drove around until we found a way to drive out to it.  On the bay side of Morro Rock (as we found out it is called) the water is calm and on the ocean side the surfers were out trying to catch a wave.

We drove back to the bay side tourist shops and stopped to look around.  Dorrie and Rick had seen a sea otter in the bay so I walked down to the waterfront to see if I could get a picture.  There were two otters out in the water.
The otters like to float on their backs to eat
Just missed a close up of his head






Using front paws to hold food
Later I walked back to where we had seen the otters and this time I saw two seals.  I got a couple of pictures, but I missed the best shot when they came to the surface face to face and seemed to kiss.  By the time I could get the camera up for the photo, they were back under the surface.
A seal swimming along
The sea gulls seemed to like the roof of the Jeep.


We returned home for more rest and relaxation. 

1 comment:

  1. Rest up and enjoy the quiet for a while! I hope your roof was closed when that seagull was sitting on it!

    ReplyDelete