Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day 46 – April 25 – Rain Day

We had seen the weather report and knew they had forecasted rain for today so we didn’t plan on doing much in the way of sightseeing.

I had received a call from our Fenton ED Jones office when we were in San Francisco at Pier 39 and the woman from the office (Ruth) had said I needed to sign a paper and could I drop by in the next day or so.  I explained I was on Pier 39 at the time and would not be home for 4 or 5 more months, so she asked for a forwarding address.  I explained we never really knew where we would be in two or three days and asked if there was an office near our campground that we could use.  She emailed me the address of two different offices and asked that I call her before I go to make sure someone was in the office to receive the fax and return the signed document via fax to her.

I drove to the local ED Jones office here in Pleasanton and signed the documents and returned home.  We did some wash but the dryers did not work very well so we had clothes hanging all over the camper to air dry.

We all went to the local Safeway to get some groceries and I made Cowboy beans to go along with our brats and hot dog dinner.  Cowboy beans have a little of just about everything in them – ground beef, onion, bell pepper, catsup, mustard, BBQ sauce, pancake syrup, brown sugar, and a couple of other items like salt, pepper, garlic and so on.  They are very good and I know Dorrie and I had been looking forward to them.


Later we played some cards and as usual Rick and I kicked butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment